The civic museum, one of the oldest museums in Veneto region, was erected in 1828 from the bequest of the local naturalist Giambattista Brocchi and since 1840 it is situated in the former convent of San Francesco. It has hosted several natural history collections such as herbariums and geo-paleontology, minerals, molluscs, insects collections. Moreover there are to be found books left by Brocchi and paintings from churches and convents, closed during the Napoleonic age, visible since 1831 around San Francesco courtyard.
Go to the website
Since 1992 the pottery museum is located in Palazzo Sturm, abode of the eighteen-century whose Ionic entrance was frescoed in 1765 by Giorgio Anselmi, a renowned painter from Verona. The dense stucco decoration that adorns the rooms is one of the most relevant rococo decoration of Veneto region.
The civic museum holds remarkable natural history collections acquired during the nineteenth century. The most outstanding is Brocchi-Parolini collection of geo-paleontology, associated with several botanic collections from wich Parolini herbarium stands as the widest one gathering more than 15.000 specimens. Combinedly with the former museum heritage new botanical and entomological collections have been joined and also a considerable zoological collection composed by hundreds of species of birds from the occidental palearctic and dozens of species of mammals originated from different continents.
Described as "the place of delights" in the guides of the previous century, it is the only example of a regional botanical garden independent from the University. A welcoming and rich green island in the old town centre, set up in 1805 by Alberto Parolini, a noble from Bassano actively involved in the cultural life of the early Nineteenth century.
PARCO DEL RAGAZZI del '99
Located in the north of the town, in the Conca d'Oro plain, Prato Santa Caterina, this relatively recent and wide park is dedicated to the young men of '99, the last conscription of the First World War, who marked the destiny of the coflict.
Monte Crocetta arises in Col di Grado, a 50000sq.m. hill formed by glacial debris that runs along the ancient Borgo Angarano, on the right side of the Brenta river. It became a municipal park and took its name (Crocetta means little cross) from a monument dedicated to the fallen of the war erected in the highest point of the hill, a majestic cross looking at the town centre. The Monte Crocetta Park is a natural oasis rich in biodiversity with several indigenous plants and flowers with distinct traits depending on the season.
Opened in 1976, Vinile it's the real alternative place in Bassano. Its total underground look (literally situated underground) and its style reminds English places, where you go to listen to alternative live music, dance (commercial style is banned) and enjoy without the need of a badge, just paying the entrance fee which is generally costs less than 13 euro.
Revolution: A 500sq.m. place studied in details to rank the list of the most known Italian Live Club locations.
The attention to the details and the love for foreign furnishings throw you in another world where everything is custom-made for the musicians and listeners.
Revolution offers Live Concert during winter season (from October till May) every Saturday night from 10.00PM followed by an after party with DJ-Set usually until 4.00AM.